Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problem with the retention periods

2008-04-11 13:12:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem with the retention periods
From: Roberto Nebot <rnebot AT sshinf DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:58:35 +0200
Hello folks!

I don't understand how bacula is working or may be I misunderstood the
bacula documentation. When you stablish for example a volume retention
period of 4 days for example each job is deleted older than date is
purged from the director jobs no matter if the directive job retention
period or file retention period are set for a longer period of time.
So every time that I do a list jobs in the director daemon a lot of
jobs are not there, so I can not use list jobs as a log of the
job that have already launched during the time bacula is installed on my
servers.

Is bacula working like this or I just misunderstood the bacula's way of
work? and if that is the case what can I do to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Roberto