Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula balancing file storage

2008-04-07 15:15:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula balancing file storage
From: Ivan Barrera <ibarrera AT netglobalis DOT net>
To: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 15:10:36 -0400
> Upgrade to something newer before the setup gets more complex :-)

I'll sure do :)

> That's more or less balancing by chance... To use such a setup, you
> need two storage devices with different names and different media types.
>
> Then you direct different jobs (or, better, pools) to each of them.
>
> If such a setup is more complex than what you like (which I find

Yep , it is more complex than what i want.

> absolutely understandable...) then it's easiest to use LVM to create
> one big device from the two disks. Either as a RAID or a JBOD-like
> device. Note that RAID-0 as well as JBOD increase the risk of
> catastrophic failure, so I'd recommend to, at least, use *three*
> devices and create a RAID-5 device from it.

That's not really a big problem. Both 1.75TB volumes, are iscsi targets,
from a HP-Sma unit (12x750GB disks, Raid 5).
Initially we disliked the idea of such a big partition.
Do you think a 3.5TB partition won't have mayor problems dealing with
backups files from backula ?
(it is using ext3 now)