BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4 practical limits

2017-07-18 18:30:49
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4 practical limits
From: Ray Frush <frush AT rams.colostate DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 16:29:37 -0600
Our BackupPC 4.1.3 pool hit >80% utilization, and I'm contemplating extending it past 4TiB as we continue to add systems to our backups.
  • Pool is 3237.37GiB comprising 12776990 files and 16512 directories (as of 7/18 01:44),
In a previous $JOB, I never had a pool get much larger than about 2.5TiB, so I'm not entirely certain what the limits of BackupPC are.

Are there reliable reports available of people who have a BackupPC file system >4TiB?   Are there any gotcha's that the developers are aware of as a pool starts to get into this size range?   What is a practical upper end for BackupPC to manage?

Thanks

--
Ray Frush
Colorado State University.