BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Ran out of inodes

2017-07-14 08:29:44
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Ran out of inodes
From: Tapio Lehtonen <tapio.lehtonen AT satatuuli DOT fi>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 15:11:36 +0300
Running BackupPC 3 on Debian Wheezy. Ran out of inodes on 250 GB
filesystem, max inodes was 15 million. Can the nightly cleanup now run
and maybe release some idodes from the oldest backups?

Since the filesystem is Ext4 I can not increase max inodes. Would it
reduce the need of inodes if I reduced the number of backups to keep?

My quess is users have lots of e-mails stored and since those tend to be
small they eat up the inodes.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
OSK Satatuuli http://satatuuli.fi/