BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up the server computer

2017-07-05 11:27:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up the server computer
From: Bob Katz <bobkatz AT digido DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 11:26:51 -0400
Dear Les and group:

The rsync command you gave me for testing makes rsync think it's
pushing a file, not connecting with the remote server.

Here's a different test command I worked out, just to see if rsync can
communicate with the daemon on its own computer. There is an rsync task
mentioned in rsyncd.conf called [Backup-Data-Folder]

[bobkatz@localhost Documents]$ rsync --dry-run -v 'Bobby/test'
localhost.localdomain::Backup-Data-Folder
rsync: failed to connect to localhost.localdomain (::1): Connection
refused (111)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(125)
[sender=3.1.2]

So it seems the daemon is not running on the port? This ps command
seems to say the daemon is running:

[bobkatz@localhost Documents]$ ps x | grep rsync
17690 pts/1    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto rsync

Not sure where to go to further debug this :-(

Sorry,

Bob