BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] status graph

2017-06-06 05:03:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] status graph
From: Alexander Moisseev via BackupPC-users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 12:02:35 +0300
On 6/6/2017 4:24 AM, Alexey Safonov wrote:
Alexander, Craig

any ideas what can i check and how to find this V3 pool?

I don't know how exactly do this. I guess you need to find files with hardlink
count > 1 in the pool and cpool directories.

Probably it's not necessary, you just need to wait.

Make sure "$Conf{PoolV3Enabled} = 1;" until the last file deleted from v3 pool.
By default "$Conf{PoolSizeNightlyUpdatePeriod} = 16;". This means you need to
wait 16 days while v3 pool will be emptied.

See details in BackupPC_migrateV3toV4 section of
https://backuppc.github.io/backuppc/BackupPC.html#Other-Command-Line-Utilities
BTW, This section says "You could do this manually". Craig, how'd you suggest
to find v3 files in pool and cpool?

Since your pool is not big you can set $Conf{PoolSizeNightlyUpdatePeriod} = 1;

Also it's not necessary to wait next BackupPC_nightly run. You can start it at
any time.
# su -m backuppc -c 'BackupPC_serverMesg BackupPC_nightly run'