BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Excluding all files containing the word 'cache' regardless of their path....

2017-06-02 06:42:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Excluding all files containing the word 'cache' regardless of their path....
From: Bob Katz <bobkatz AT digido DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 06:41:15 -0400
On Fri, 2017-06-02 at 00:10 -0500, Michael Stowe wrote:

No.

At best, this might exclude all shares that happen to have some variation of “cache” in the name, but I'm not even sure it would do that, depending on the xfer method.

What you're probably looking for is something along these lines:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {

'*' => [
  '*cache*'
  ]

};

I note that this will exclude all files containing the word cache as well as all files in all directories containing the word cache, which seems like a very poor idea, should somebody named “musicache” have a user directory or one tries to store their research files on cachexias.

Would backuppc be able to use any standard regex?

Here are is a cache file. Similar files would be great to exclude:

Cache0000020507.dat

In this case there is a folder that contains all these caches which I could exclude, but I think regex could help in difficult cases.