BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Debugging excludes and....

2017-05-29 08:57:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Debugging excludes and....
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 07:57:05 -0500
Bob,

Here's where I'm still struggling a bit but I can give you this hint...

Those options are sparated into two parts. The share to match (where you have already put the directory) and the files/directories to be excluded (the add button on the right hand side which you have blank).

Also, most people on the list are used to see the raw config instead of screen shots so for instance this is on the global config (/etc/BackupPC), not per host config (/etc/BackupPC/pc/<host>.pl) but my excludes are:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '*' => [
    '/home/*/.cache'
  ]
};

Where "*" is the share to match, so for me that's all shares, and "/home/*/.cache" is the patter to match for excludes.

HTH,

Richard