BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up Windows 7 Pro, not enough permissions

2017-05-17 11:48:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up Windows 7 Pro, not enough permissions
From: Michael Huntley <michael AT huntley DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 08:47:53 -0700

Stowe has been around forever.  I suggest you read his entire blog - very entertaining.

Here's his BackupPC stuff:

http://www.michaelstowe.com/backuppc/

I decided to use vssadmin and wmic to manage restore points.  I then use Cygwin and a bash script to mount the shadow copy for backup.

It's kludged together but works for me.

Cheers!

mph