BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backing up Windows 7 Pro, not enough permissions

2017-05-15 06:41:09
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backing up Windows 7 Pro, not enough permissions
From: Tapio Lehtonen <tapio.lehtonen AT satatuuli DOT fi>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 13:20:42 +0300
Server is Debian 8.7, backuppc version 3.3.0-2+deb8u1

Backing up Linux computers works.

Have not been able to backup Windows 7 Professional. I have on windows local backuppc user, that user belongs to groups administrator and backup operator. The share C is shared to network and user backuppc has full rights.

Still the home directories of other users are empty. Only
C/Users/backuppc has content.

So, Backuppc server can read files from the client, but not all files. Seems I can not figure any more ways to give permissions to backuppc.

That Windows 7 is client in workgroup, the server is a Linux host running Samba 4.2.14. Maybe this is not relevant.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
OSK Satatuuli