BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How does BackupPC 4.1.1 calculate Pools size?

2017-05-01 19:15:33
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How does BackupPC 4.1.1 calculate Pools size?
From: Ray Frush <frush AT rams.colostate DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 16:48:01 -0600
My instance of Backuppc 4.1.1 reports:

"Pool is 26.56GiB comprising 764047 files and 16512 directories (as of 5/1 01:00)"

However, when I check the file system, I get 'slightly' different numbers:

# du -bhs *
50G cpool
2.1G pc
4.0K pool

26GiB  vs ~52GB.

The target file system is an NFS file system.   Is there something I should be doing different to get a more accurate report of the pool size?   How does BackupPC calculate the pool size?   (I'm trying to grok the source code, but haven't found the method yet.)

Thanks

--
Ray Frush
Colorado State University