BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] RPM for BackupPC 4

2017-03-18 15:30:21
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] RPM for BackupPC 4
From: Kenneth Porter <shiva AT sewingwitch DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 12:27:16 -0700
--On Saturday, March 18, 2017 8:48 AM -0500 Richard Shaw
<hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> I actually just recently took over maintainership of BackupPC for Fedora
> and EPEL.

It looks like the Fedora page for the package still lists Benjamin as
maintainer, and I remember him doing that back in November when the
original maintainer went MIA. Thanks for picking this up.

<https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/BackupPC>

> I actually plan on starting with a COPR for testing purposes since I don't
> want to automatically start upgrading people. In fact I plan on building
> version 4 on F26, and rawhide only for that reason.

I look forward to seeing this. My C7 system has a blank USB drive ready to
start mirroring my live BackupPC3 system with v4. I just want to install it
as an RPM. (I've done some custom packaging myself and have debugged a lot
of spec files. That COPR system looks pretty nice for that kind of work.)

---