BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Converting whole v3 repository to v4?

2017-03-06 05:15:06
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Converting whole v3 repository to v4?
From: Pavel Hofman <pavel.hofman AT ivitera DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 10:58:07 +0100
Hello,

please is it possible somehow to script the BackupPC_backupDuplicate
tool to be able to convert not only the last v3 backup to v4, but also
all previous backups? I would run the script in the background.

The intention is migrating from XFS to ZFS for server consolidation and
I am afraid I need to get rid of the hardlinks in the 10 yrs of
historical backups.

I have read about running an arbitrary filesystem over ZFS block device,
but  I am afraid of poor performance.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Pavel.