BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Looking for some comments on sizing.

2017-02-08 22:01:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Looking for some comments on sizing.
From: Scott Walker <scott.walker AT framestore DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 21:30:26 -0500
Infra is not really a concern for me, it's more will the software handle it.

Network connectivity and IOPs aren't a huge concern (machines will be speced to be "beasts" as well as network.

de-dupe for me is not a massive want. 99.9% of the files we will be backing up are 100% unique. I'd rather spend the time shuffling data then de-dupe it.

For me it's more of a is BPC even a remotely viable solution. Other studio uses netbackup and I'd rather sit on a razor than use it to be honest so I'm out fact finding.

I've used BPC v3 but to back up /etc off servers. Never to handle PBs of data.