BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC fails with aborted by signal=PIPE, Can't write to socket

2017-01-19 11:17:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC fails with aborted by signal=PIPE, Can't write to socket
From: John Spitzer <johned9999 AT comcast DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 08:16:38 -0800
Because:
1. I have a dozen VMs, each of which would need a backup job. Much more
complicated backup setup.
2. The VM would need to be running to backup,
3. I can only run a few at a time due to host system limitations. Make
that work automatically would be much more difficult than just backing
up the host drive.
4. I only run them when I want to experiment on something or for training.
5. Most are Windows systems and it's not clear that Backup PC can make
an 'Image' backup that can be used to recover from a corrupt system (see
4). Of course with a VM I can make a snapshot to recover it.
6. If the host disk fails, it would be hugely more difficult to recover
the dozen VMs, one at a time.

But isn't it much more interesting that I've seem to have found some
kind of limit to Backup PC?