BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Postfix problems

2016-07-26 06:30:52
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Postfix problems
From: Kacper Kowalski <kacper.s.kowalski AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 12:30:05 +0200
Hi,

I have issues with email notifications. I checked mailing list, found some tips and advises, but those are not working.

The problem is, that if I try to send test mail from backuppc user like this:

root@backup:/etc# sudo -u backuppc /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_sendEmail -u kacper.s.kowalski AT gmail DOT com

I can see in mail.log file, that my mail wasn't send, because of timing out (sometimes "Network unreachable" is the reason):

Jul 26 12:12:20 backup postfix/smtp[3496]: 133C643A41: to=<kacper.s.kowalski AT gmail DOT com>, relay=none, delay=3347, delays=3256/0.02/90/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.189.26]:25: Connection timed out)

I tried to change smtp port to 587 in master.cf file, but after restarting postfix service and sending test email, the 25 port is used, not 587 (in log file the ip is followed by ":25").

What can I do to start notifications working?

K.Kowalski