BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backuppc keeps hanging on restore

2016-07-21 09:43:23
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc keeps hanging on restore
From: "Pelletier, Robert" <rpelletier AT emcc DOT edu>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 13:26:48 +0000

I am trying to complete a restore and let the restore go for two days. When I went to troubleshoot I found that by running the command "lsof | grep rsync" I could see the current file it was trying to restore and it was hung on this file. However, when I try to run restore again, it just ends up hanging on a different file. Any assistance to figure out what is going on would be appreciated. I am currently on version 3.3.1 of BackupPC. The rsync version on BackupPC server is rsync version 3.1.2pre1. The rsync version on the target server is rsync version 3.0.6.

It always seems to hang up on larger files, although I have plenty of space on my drive.