BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC - restore not restoring file

2016-07-07 05:00:01
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC - restore not restoring file
From: phil123456 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 01:59:24 -0700
- it does not seem to contain any file(see below) wich is expectable since
there are no file in /var/backup on the client system
- getting a tar file from the client to the master is the opposite of a restore
(???)
- as aforementioned, the rsync setup uses the rsync command

took me some time to make the command work cos it's really picky on missing
slashes

on the backup master:
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -h hostname -n -1 -s /var/backup/
/employees.sql > backup.tar

tar tvf backup.tar
drwxr-xr-x root/root      4096 2016-07-05 08:52 ./