BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC - restore not restoring file

2016-07-05 14:53:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC - restore not restoring file
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 14:52:29 -0400
On 07/05 12:28 , phil123456 wrote:
> on restore, it says it is successfull, but the file is not on the host
> and it says there is 1 xferErrs but as I check all the logs, no additional
> entries are saying what could go wrong
>
> 2016-07-05 09:21:31 restore started below directory /var/backup/ to host
> hostname
> 2016-07-05 09:21:31 restore 0 complete (1 files, 1917 bytes, 0 dirs, 1
> xferErrs)
>
> also I cant figure out what is the command executed and debug it since it is
> not in the log either

Presuming that you are using a Debian-like installation, try this command:

/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -h <your.host.name> -n -1 -s
<sharename> /path/to/your/files

all on one line of course.

For help with what the options mean, just run:
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate
(i.e. with no arguments after the command itself)

Note that you need to be running as the 'backuppc' user to do this. So I log
in as an ordinary user, then do 'sudo -' to become root, then 'su -
backuppc'.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator