BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] md4 doesn't match: will retry in phase 1;

2016-06-21 11:05:56
Subject: [BackupPC-users] md4 doesn't match: will retry in phase 1;
From: Robert Story <rstory+backuppc AT tislabs DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 10:42:15 -0400
Hello,

I'm running BackupPC-3.3.1-1.el6, and I'm seeing an issue with large files
on a host.

daily_app_beta.sql.gz: md4 doesn't match: will retry in phase 1; file removed
daily_zabbix.sql.gz: md4 doesn't match: will retry in phase 1; file removed

These files are generated daily, with the first being 20G and the second
being 1G. I've ensured that the cron job that creates them is run (and
completed) hours before BackupPC is run, so I know the files aren't
changing. The files do succeed on the retry, but transferring 21G twice
means that my backup takes twice as long as needed.

I've done a bunch of googling, and found many people with the same issue,
and one in particular caught my eye. They said the problem only occurred
when the files in question were in a second share, which is also my case.

Suggestions appreciated.

Robert

--
Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons