BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backuppc appears to be ignoring home directories on full and incrementals

2016-06-13 20:19:54
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc appears to be ignoring home directories on full and incrementals
From: G Jones <misterjonestech AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 17:19:12 -0700
I have Backuppc running on a CentOS7 machine with CentOS 6.x and 7 clients. Initially, I had all of the machines using the same xfer settings (rsync) by just using the default config.pl. What I noticed is that when I run a single full backup of one host, all three hosts are backed up instead of just one. Additionally, when the backup completes all three of them have identical sizes. I'm excluding /dev, /proc, and /mnt on those machines, but I also notice that even though I didn't explicitly call out /home to be excluded, the backup grabs the folder /home but refuses to grab any of the files or subdirectories contained within. I have just created individual configs for the three machines I have even though they're all doing the same thing. I wiped out the old backups but, once again, when I kick off a full backup of one host it does a full on all three of them.

Anywhere in the config that I should be looking? I'll post up anything needed, I just need to get this running properly.