BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC

2016-05-16 06:28:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC
From: Lars Tobias Skjong-Børsting <lists AT relatime DOT no>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 12:12:17 +0200

On 16/05/16 11:13, Mauro Condarelli wrote:

> Il 16/05/2016 10:04, Lars Tobias Skjong-Børsting ha scritto:
>> The CVS repo is a mess, so I abandoned a sync. Also, I haven't been able
>> to find any signs of where the repo for v4 is. I can only guess that
>> Craig keeps it private and publishes zip files with releases.
> We are trying to contact Craig (who seems *very* busy with his new
position), but
> he might not be available at all.
> In that case we will do a baseline commit from tarballs and start from
there.

> If You can, it would be nice if You could bring the repo up-to-date
with current CVS.
> After that we can decide if to open a new project for v4 (rationale
being it really
> changes a lot and even backend repository structure is not compatible
anymore;
> nice nickname might be BackupNG) or simply do a branch and populate it
with
> tarball contents.

I have started to bring the repo up-to-date with current CVS already.
Will publish when it's finished later today.

https://sourceforge.net/p/backuppc/mailman/backuppc-users/
> (not dev!) is mine (Re: [BackupPC-users] Status on new BackupPC v4

Sorry, I only looked in the dev list. Found it here in users.

would like to join https://github.com/backuppc
> organization.

I'll add you to the org. Whare are David's and Juergen's usernames?

Best regards,
Lars Tobias