BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Copy backups without Backupc

2016-03-31 11:08:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Copy backups without Backupc
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 10:51:18 -0400
Oops, here's the file I meant to include in the last message.

#!/usr/bin/perl
#============================================================= -*-perl-*-
#
# BackupPC_zcat: uncompress files to stdout
#
# DESCRIPTION
#
#   Usage: BackupPC_zcat [files...]
#
#   BackupPC_zcat is a command-line utility for uncompressing BackupPC
#   compressed files.
#
# AUTHOR
#   Craig Barratt  <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
#
# COPYRIGHT
#   Copyright (C) 2001-2013  Craig Barratt
#
#   This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
#   it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
#   the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
#   (at your option) any later version.
#
#   This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
#   but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
#   MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
#   GNU General Public License for more details.
#
#   You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
#   along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
#   Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA
#
#========================================================================
#
# Version 3.3.0, released 14 Apr 2013.
#
# See http://backuppc.sourceforge.net.
#
#========================================================================

use strict;
no  utf8;

use lib "/usr/share/backuppc/lib";
use Compress::Zlib;
use BackupPC::FileZIO;

sub zcat
{
    my($fh, $fileName) = @_;
    my($data, $r, $ret);

    while ( ($r = $fh->read(\$data, 65536)) > 0 ) {
        print($data);
    }
    if ( $r < 0 ) {
        print(STDERR "$0: can't uncompress $fileName\n");
        $ret = 1;
    }
    $fh->close();
    return $ret;
}

my $ret = 0;
if ( @ARGV ) {
    while ( @ARGV ) {
        if ( defined(my $fh = BackupPC::FileZIO->open($ARGV[0], 0, 1)) ) {
            $ret ||= zcat($fh, $ARGV[0]);
        } else {
            print(STDERR "$0: can't open $ARGV[0]\n");
            $ret = 1;
            last;
        }
        shift @ARGV;
    }
} else {
    my $fh = BackupPC::FileZIO->open(*STDIN, 0, 1);
    $ret ||= zcat($fh, "stdin");
}
exit($ret);

--