BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Copy backups without Backupc

2016-03-31 11:08:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Copy backups without Backupc
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 10:50:24 -0400
On 03/31 03:53 , Сергей Загидулин wrote:
> Good day!
Privyet!

> Very surprised to see instead of the zip file - fzip files, that do not open
> with the archiver.
> So I will be able to restore files from a backup only if i re-install
> Backuppc to another server, and use web interface?

The tool to uncompress those files is BackupPC_zcat. It's a Perl script, so
you can also find the Perl tools to uncompress those files. However, it does
depend on some custom BackupPC libraries to work (BackupPC::FileZIO). I'll
attach a copy, so if you can read Perl (I can't really) perhaps it will help
you.

I have personally not had good luck with restoring BackupPC and reading old
archives with it, but I don't remember the details to be able to say what I
did wrong, didn't know, or didn't bother fixing up.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator