BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error

2016-03-31 11:26:26
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 11:25:43 -0400
On 3/31/2016 10:40 AM, spazle poof wrote:

Dear all,

I've been running backuppc on a Ubuntu server for years and never had any problem. But today, after i installed puppet and cobbler, web interface access to backuppc is impossible. When trying to access backuppc via http://www.address.com/backuppc, I get 500 Internal Server Error.  When i tail apache2 error log, I get this:

[core:error] [pid 27829] [client 49.228.80.159:45344] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

I uninstalled both puppet and cobbler but the error persists.

OS: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS

backuppc version: 3.3.0-1

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sounds like something in your Apache config is broken.  You probably have a couple of redirect statements that are causing an infinite redirect loop.

I would follow the instructions in the error message.  Set 'LogLevel debug' in your apache config, restart apache, try it again to generate the error, and go check the log to see what's going on.  Don't forget to put the log level back to normal afterwards!

--
Bowie