BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] A question about partial backups and fatal errors

2016-03-27 09:27:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] A question about partial backups and fatal errors
From: David Raison <david AT tentwentyfour DOT lu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 15:26:38 +0200
On 20/03/16 23:44, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> If the data is split into subdirectories, you might try adding one at
>> >
>> > Would you do this by adding to $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} after each
>> > successful run or by gradually extending $Conf{RsyncShareName} ?
>> >
> I think I'd try adding a top level directory at a time to
> $Conf{BackupFilesOnly}, starting with something small if possible.
> That should let you get an idea of what kind of speed you are getting
> before hitting whatever is causing your failures.

I tried doing that but it will still randomly (at least to me) decide to
start from scratch instead of continuing where it left of during the
last partial. (I still get partials, i.e. aborted backups, even by
adding one directory at a time.)

I have a partial of 197 files (out of 2340) from "3/26 16:39", e.g. it's
barely a day old.

Today, I launch the process again manually and, out of the blue, it
decides it's going to restart downloading the files present in the
partial again, although the checksums are identical and the partial is
very far from $Conf{PartialAgeMax} which is at 28.

> attribSet: dir=fG exists
> attribSet(dir=fG, file=2 für alle Gänge, size=0, placeholder=)
> 2 für alle Gänge/Amuses-Bouches vom Land und Meer.wtv got digests
> 4b591a74a04e29d50b72afd61d1b1360 vs 4b591a74a04e29d50b72afd61d1b1360
> pool 644 400/401 661389312 2 für alle Gänge/Amuses-Bouches vom Land und
> Meer.wtv

What reason, other than reaching PartialAgeMax, would there be for
backuppc to decide and fetch the files again instead of accepting that
it already has that file and download the next one?

Best regards,
David

--
TenTwentyFour S.à r.l.