BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Can`t Change {TopDir} Location . .

2015-09-22 17:10:21
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Can`t Change {TopDir} Location . .
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: tdevoye <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>, tommy AT devoye DOT fr
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 23:08:45 +0200
Hi,

tdevoye wrote on 2015-09-16 05:16:34 -0700 [[BackupPC-users]  Can`t Change
{TopDir} Location . .]:
> [...]
> [root@]# /etc/init.d/backuppc restart

you probably mean 'service backuppc restart' ...

> Shutting down BackupPC:                                    [  OK  ]
> Starting BackupPC:                                         [  OK  ]
> BackupPC: WARNING:  Your BackupPC $Conf{TopDir} is not listed in the locate
> BackupPC: database configuration's PRUNEPATHS.  This may cause all of your
> BackupPC: backed up files to be indexed!

This message is not from any init script distributed with BackupPC. You're
talking about 3.3.1, since you don't mention any version, and that is the
default these days. Just in case you were wondering what you were referring
to.

> I have just solve this problem in few steps.

Glad to hear that you solved your problem, but I'm not sure where anyone else
comes into the picture.

> Tommy DEVOYE
> Network Admin

> |This was sent by tommy AT devoye DOT fr via Backup Central.

Network admin. Backup Central. No comment.

If you ever find out what Linux(?) distribution you're using, please forward
your message to the relevant BTS (not sure if it's actually a bug, but they
can close it if it isn't).

Regards,
Holger