BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Issue with multiple restores

2015-06-17 14:14:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Issue with multiple restores
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 13:12:49 -0500
On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Andy Taylor <andy.taylor AT sift DOT com>
wrote:
> It's not something I had considered for this use case as the files in
> question are uploaded site files (for example, images) as opposed to site
> code, and can sometimes total up to 10GB+. I'm assuming you thought I was
> talking about code files which is why you suggested a VCS?

Subversion will handle any type of files - maybe not quite as
efficiently as rsync but it will still just send the differences
during updates and commits, so it would certainly work.  The down side
is that each workspace keeps a hidden duplicate copy of the current
checkout and it is next to impossible to ever remove old revisions
from the central repository history so it can grow very large over
time.