BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backing Up Win7 with Michaels Tools

2015-01-23 21:06:29
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backing Up Win7 with Michaels Tools
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 03:04:25 +0100
Hi all,

well, not sure if this is the right place to get some support but at least I assume Michael is subscribed here, too ;)

I am trying to backup one of my Win7/64 machine with http://www.michaelstowe.com/backuppc/ but I do not succeed :(

I tend to say I have everything installed properly. Initially I got an error related to
NT_STATUS_DUPLICATE_NAME but I was able to resolve it by using the IP address as ClientNameAlias .

How can I monitor if everything is running during backup?
I have "Last status is state "backup starting" (backup failed) as of 1/24 02:35."
And these are the last entries in the log file:
2015-01-24 02:35:32 Output from DumpPreUserCmd: Ignoring unknown parameter "writable"
2015-01-24 02:35:32 Output from DumpPreUserCmd: Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host, Version 5.8
2015-01-24 02:35:32 Output from DumpPreUserCmd: Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
2015-01-24 02:35:32 Output from DumpPreUserCmd:
I appears to me it sits forever with nothing else happening.

Anyone having a clue what might be wrong or how to troubleshoot?

Greetings

Christian