BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] massive drop in performance after upgrade from 3.1.20 to 3.3.02

2014-11-23 14:34:24
Subject: [BackupPC-users] massive drop in performance after upgrade from 3.1.20 to 3.3.02
From: Udo Rader <listudo AT bestsolution DOT at>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 20:14:51 +0100
Hi,

I've recently upgraded an old debian lenny server, where backuppc was
nicely and quietly doing backups in a "reasonable" amount of time.

I terms of time, a full backup of *localhost* took about 6 hours.

Now, after upgrading the box to the latest stable debian release and,
coming with that, backuppc 3.3.02, the backup of localhost now takes
more than 10 hours.

Incremental backups are not very different, even they now take a little
less than 10 hours.

The backup itself is about 180GB in size, so by any means 10 hours is
just weird.

I understand, that the new backuppc version is not the only factor in
this equation, but maybe someone of you has any clue about what goes
wrong here.

Thanks in advance

Udo