BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] PIPE error

2014-11-24 08:27:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] PIPE error
From: Colin Shorts <c.shorts AT intrallect DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:23:02 +0000
On 21/11/14 12:27, tschmid4 wrote:
> Well, It's gone back to Unable to read 4 bytes from the PIPE error.
> I'm fairly certain it's a SSH error but not familiar enough with SSH to
> resolve it.
You must be able to ssh from the user account (backuppc) to the root
user of the target system without entering a password.

You should be in the backuppc user environment, i.e.:

normal_user: $ sudo su - backuppc
backuppc_user: $ ssh root@host

If this doesn't work you won't get any further with backuppc.

NOTE: you will need to accept the RSA key on attempt to SSH to the
remote box.

-Colin
> I've worn the GOoLgE keys off of my keyboard...
>
> Terry

Colin Shorts
c.shorts AT intrallect DOT com
+44 (0) 131 292 0104

http://www.intrallect.com
137A George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4JY, Scotland
Intrallect is part of the Leading Software Group