BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How to Exclude?

2014-11-21 10:19:01
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How to Exclude?
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 16:16:57 +0100
Hi all,

I am running into another issue with my new backuppc system. I will
backup the backuppc system itself. Please don't discuss if this it
helpful or not- I will use it to restore older configuration files.
Obviously I have to exclude /var/lib/BackupPC so I tried with excludes
in the BackupPC/pc/host.pl:

$Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
  '/',
  '/boot'
];
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '/var/lib/BackupPC/' => [
    '*'
  ],
  'var/lib/BackupPC/' => [
    '*'
  ],
  'var/lib/BackupPC ' => [
    '*'
  ]
};

None of these three is working. Every time when I start a backup it
travels through the /var/lib/BackupPC directory. and backs up cpool and
so on.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Christian