BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupFilesExcludes using rsync being ignored

2014-10-12 17:56:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupFilesExcludes using rsync being ignored
From: Tom Fallon <tom.r.fallon AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 22:54:48 +0100
Thanks Doug

by my limited understanding, the * wildcard in my example below would
mean the system would exclude any directory called "proc" or "sys" etc
regardless of the share, whereas what I think should be used is
ryncshare = / and then specify the directories under there explicitly
which I had done.

Amending to '*' => [ in the config.pl file resulted in same behaviour
I've been seeing all along.

In your config I'd expect it to be excluding file types by extension
rather than directories.

I could try '*/proc' etc I guess but think thats a bandaid approach and
would really like to get this working the way its supposed to based on
the documentation.

regards Tom

On 12/10/14 22:32, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Tom Fallon wrote: