BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental Backup fail

2014-07-16 04:10:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental Backup fail
From: "raceface" <raceface_the_one AT gmx DOT net>
To: "'Holger Parplies'" <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:07:51 +0200
Hi Holger,

thankyou for your answers. I took the idea with the script from
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/localhost.html.

I will do a roleback with your suggestions but I am not sure if rsync ist he
right option for what I want. The backup files are stored on a NFS share
which is also reachable via SMB, so I have the option to restore files also
with a Windows PC. But I will give rsync a chance.

Regarding my statement, that I don't want backuppc to many sudo rights, I
wanted to say, to give backuppc to many root rights to prevent if anybody
hacks the backuppc account for compromising the system in occupying tar.

I will test your suggestions this evening and hopefully come back with the
information, that everything is working.

Thx a lot!

Andy