BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental Backup fail

2014-07-15 09:13:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental Backup fail
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 08:11:58 -0500
On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 3:40 AM, raceface <raceface_the_one AT gmx DOT net>
wrote:

> thank you for being that kind to non professionals. I have only 3 blank
> lines in my last posting and 21 non blank, don't know, why you get more
> blank 50 times more blank lines. Using this script is a suggestion of the
> backuppc FAQ and not my personal idea. This script helps me getting backuppc
> running full backups. Using $tarPath ends in error " sudo: no tty present
> and no askpass program specified". Root has also no rights to login via ssh,
> so ssh is no option. Giving the user backuppc sudo rights is no option, to
> prevent having too much users with to many rights.

Personally I use rsync with ssh keys for the local host so it is not a
special case - and I don't use sudo so I haven't had that problem.
But, $* is almost always the wrong thing to put in a shell script vs.
$@ because it won't keep parameters with embedded spaces together.