BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Uneffective rsync transfers?

2014-06-27 15:31:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Uneffective rsync transfers?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 14:29:55 -0500
On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:59 AM, František Starý <frantisek AT stary DOT net>
wrote:

>> A different possibility would be that the code for building a view of the
>> last
>> backup is not working correctly for you, though I can't even begin to imagine
>> why it wouldn't.
> I'm sure hardlinks for my testhost are created successfully:
> root@morgan:~# ls -l /var/lib/backuppc/pc/testhost/0/f%2ftestdir%2f/
> total 28
> -rw-r-----  4 backuppc backuppc   48 Jun 22 11:56 attrib
> -rw-r----- 36 backuppc backuppc 4596 Jun 22 11:56 ftestfile1
> -rw-r----- 36 backuppc backuppc 4596 Jun 22 11:56 ftestfile2
> -rw-r----- 36 backuppc backuppc 4596 Jun 22 11:56 ftestfile3

Every file should show at least 2 links.  One for the name in the pc
tree where you are looking, and one under cpool where the name is a
hash of the contents.  But those files show a lot more.  If they
aren't being linked into the next backup number's tree (like they
should be), where are they?  And if they are, why can't you see them?