BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Restore from commandline

2014-06-11 11:43:12
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Restore from commandline
From: Kenneth Bergholm <kbergros AT hotmail DOT com>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 15:41:48 +0000
Hi....

I have a problem ragrding restoring files, if I try to restore from the browser it times out when it tries to list the files it is over 400000 files in the folder (oden)...

So I'm trying to restore from the command line on the Backuppc host.
It is a windows machine that i have backed up the folder from with smb and i tried both:

/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -h oden -n -1 -s folder/ > /restore/restore.tar

and

/usr/share/backuppc/bin/Backuppc_zipCreate -h oden -n -1 -c 3 -s folder / > restore.zip

i tried with different path an slaches to the folder that I read on the net but no luck...

Anyone have a suggestion how to succed to make a restore like this?

//Kbergros