BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup destination is another server

2014-05-20 05:16:36
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup destination is another server
From: brononius <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 02:15:11 -0700
My 'problem' is that the fileserver on site 1 is about 4TB of space. And about
2TB is used.
In total 6x1TB disk, which are configured in raid. So we've got a kind of
'backup' already onsite with the raid.

And the idea is that we've got a remote backup, pref daily.

I was thinking to sync the data the first time locally, then move the backup
server to the remote site.
This way, the only copies that need to be copied are the changed files. And not
the complete 2TB.

What do you think? Suggest? ...