BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Manual restore

2014-05-14 15:30:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Manual restore
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 14:29:09 -0500
On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Carlos Galeano <cgaleano AT logise.com DOT gt>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working around the archive host feature and i have a few questions:
>
> -Can you make the archive of an older backup, not just the recent one?
> -I make the backup of three different Shared folders of one server in the
> same job: files, bd and wsi, can I archive only one of this folders?

First, keep in mind that the 'archive host' feature exists mainly to
provide a web interface to manually start the archive run and pick the
host(s) to archive.    If you want it to be fully automatic you can do
the same thing yourself in a script that runs BackupPC_tarCreate piped
through gzip and split.

When you set it up, you configure the destination, compression and
split size.   When you run it you'll pick the host(s) and can override
the pre-set options.   You'll only the the latest copy (filled with
the backing full if it is an incremental) and you get all the shares.