BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Manual restore

2014-05-05 17:50:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Manual restore
From: "Carlos Galeano" <cgaleano AT logise.com DOT gt>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 15:53:23 -0600
okay, I'll explain to make sense.
I need to store a copy of the backup off the server, and if this is a large
file is difficult to do, that's why I need to split the tar file into
multiple files.
the problem is if I need to restore some files from this backup, reattach
the parts can be a time-consuming task.
The one tar file can be up to 50GB, split into 5Gb each part

Restoring a file from the web works if the backup still exists on the
server, but for space, I delete the backups over 60 days old.
So my question is, can i restore files from tar files without joining them
again?

Thanks