BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.0.0 - can we now store files to any filesystem?

2014-05-11 04:16:02
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.0.0 - can we now store files to any filesystem?
From: Benjamin Rampe <benjamin.rampe AT uni-jena DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 10:16:27 +0200
On 11.05.2014 00:21, Kamil Tunkiewicz wrote:
> [...] This is a simple, cheap NAS for smal office usage and it provides SMB
> connectin so i was
> going to mount it to my filesystem and use it as data storage for backups.
> Is it possible?

There are more traps than links: filenames (character set, length) and
path length.

If you are out of ideas on Linux: check the fslint tool and it's manpage

As you didn't provide any concrete informations on your setup the
question is hard to answer precisely.

Regards,
Benjamin
--
FSU Jena | JULIELab.de/Staff/Benjamin+Rampe.html
vox: +49 3641 9 44323 | fax: +49 3641 9 44321