BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Not getting any mail after the backup

2013-11-27 16:42:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Not getting any mail after the backup
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Gopu Krishnan <gopukrishnantec AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 22:39:25 +0100
Hi,

Gopu Krishnan wrote on 2013-11-27 12:27:15 +0530 [[BackupPC-users] Not getting
any mail after the backup]:
> Hi,
>
> I have deployed a new backuppc in my CentOS 6.4 server and backup is
> running fine except the mails. I am no longer receiving any mails after the
> backups, no matter whether it was successful or not. When I test it as
> below :
> ./BackupPC_sendEmail -u gopu@mailaddress
> Sending test email using /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -f backuppc@backup-sever
> it send the test mail successfully and I got received the test. So issue is
> with the backup status only. Even I have tried to send a test mail using :
> mail emai_address
> as the user backuppc and received fine. Kindly let me know whether I need
> to check.

what is $Conf {EMailUserDestDomain} set to? When you write "mail emai_address",
do you mean an unqualified address (i.e. without "@domain.tld")? You will
either need to arrange for unqualified addresses to be forwarded to the right
place (which you might already have done) or set up EMailUserDestDomain.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Holger