BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Not getting any mail after the backup

2013-11-27 14:54:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Not getting any mail after the backup
From: Arnold Krille <arnold AT arnoldarts DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 20:52:46 +0100
On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:27:15 +0530 Gopu Krishnan
<gopukrishnantec AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> I have deployed a new backuppc in my CentOS 6.4 server and backup is
> running fine except the mails. I am no longer receiving any mails
> after the backups, no matter whether it was successful or not. When I
> test it as below :
> ./BackupPC_sendEmail -u gopu@mailaddress
> Sending test email using /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -f
> backuppc@backup-sever it send the test mail successfully and I got
> received the test. So issue is with the backup status only. Even I
> have tried to send a test mail using : mail emai_address
> as the user backuppc and received fine. Kindly let me know whether I
> need to check.

There is no email after the backup. No news is good news. (Except for
when backuppc is stopped altogether.)

You only get mails when you are responsible for a host and the last
backup is too long ago.

There is a script out in the wild sending you a daily summary but for
that you can also look at backuppc summary page. And when you get an
email every day, the days where there is a problem don't stand out.

Have fun,

Arnold