BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Disk space used far higher than reported pool size

2013-10-31 14:35:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Disk space used far higher than reported pool size
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 13:33:46 -0500
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan
<sharuzzaman AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 1:33 AM, Craig O'Brien <cobrien AT fishman DOT com>
> wrote:
>>
>> messages-20131006:Sep 30 13:53:24 servername kernel: BackupPC_dump[15365]:
>> segfault at a80 ip 000000310f695002 sp 00007fff438c9770 error 4 in
>> libperl.so[310f600000+162000]
>

> This error shows BackupPC_dump segfault, and pointing to libperl.so
>
> How do you install your BackupPC ? From source or from RPM?
>
> If from RPM, which repo that you use?

Good catch - I missed that line.     Bad RAM could cause segfaults too
- and other very mysterious problems.  I had a machine where the
software raid1 mirrors would get differing contents and crash once in
a while - and it took more than a weekend of running memtest to catch
it.