BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problem with backup via samba

2013-10-11 14:47:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problem with backup via samba
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 13:46:18 -0500
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM, bubolski
<backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

> Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\hash\\C\$ -I 10.0.0.15 -U robert -E -d 1 -c
> tarmode\ full -Tc - /Users
> full backup started for share C$
> Xfer PIDs are now 6178,6177
> [ pomini&#281;to 2 linii ]
> NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE listing \Users\All Users\*
> NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE listing \Users\*
> NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE listing \Users

You might get better diagnostics if you use the smbclient command line
client to connect to the share in question interactively.  I'm
guessing that the specified user doesn't have access  to \Users, but
don't know why the error isn't permission denied instead of invalid
response.