BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Challenges with backups

2013-07-02 10:30:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Challenges with backups
From: Ray Frush <ray.frush AT avagotech DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 08:05:51 -0600
Gregory-

From your attached documents, the issue you're having is not clear.  I see most of your smaller hosts are being backed up fine.  You have some larger hosts that are taking a while because of their size. (It looks like they took 11+ hours to backup).   Can you be more specific about the issues you are facing?

One issue you may be having is if those large file servers have a LARGE number of small files.  The BackupPC server's disks may be causing a bottleneck during incremental backups.  There has been a lot of discussion about disk speed on the mailing list in the last month or two, so you may find some ideas in the archives.