BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3.3.0 released

2013-05-15 09:49:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3.3.0 released
From: Jonathan Schaeffer <jonathan.schaeffer AT univ-brest DOT fr>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 15:48:21 +0200
Le 18/04/2013 23:41, backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org a écrit :
> Craig Barratt wrote at about 11:16:31 -0700 on Thursday, April 18, 2013:
>   > Adam,
>   >
>   > Let me look at the email archives to understand this issue better.
>   >
>   > I'm happy for other capable developers to contribute to BackupPC,
> including
>   > adding commit and release privileges.  But they have to be very good.
>
> I agree --

I would personnaly LOVE to see somewhere :
- a git repository which would encourage contributions (the project
maintainer(s) may or may not merge them)
- an issue tracker and a feature-requests tracker (look at us digging a
mailing list archive to find out which fearure was requested, or worse,
resending redundant features requests in this very same list)

These tools not only ensure a good quality of developpement, they
maintain a healthhy community around it and, most important, extends the
lifetime of a project.

Besides, SourceForge provides those services, I don't see any reason why
not to do it.

Cheers,

jonathan
--