BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3.3.0 released

2013-05-22 19:57:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3.3.0 released
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 09:55:39 +1000
On 19/04/13 04:16, Craig Barratt wrote:
Adam,

Let me look at the email archives to understand this issue better.

I'm happy for other capable developers to contribute to BackupPC, including adding commit and release privileges.  But they have to be very good.

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Adam Goryachev <mailinglists AT websitemanagers.com DOT au> wrote:
On 15/04/13 11:05, Craig Barratt wrote:
> I just released BackupPC 3.3.0 on SF.net.  It is mostly minor bug
> fixes, with three additional languages and a couple of small features.

Any chance of a fix for the incremental backup issue I had? (or ping
Holger)?

On the 2nd April Holger suggested it needed a "proper" fix with a
temporary work-around, but I haven't actually implemented that yet.

I wanted to sit down and make sure I understood the repercussions from
his patch before I applied it, and haven't had time, and priority is low
since it hasn't happened again yet.

Using rsync for backup, I'm getting incremental backups with no content
(except .) which are marked as successful (since one directory was
backed up), and all old files/directories are removed. The next backup
(incr or full) tries to download ALL files again.

Just wondering if anyone has had the time to look at this issue yet? It doesn't happen often, but it does cause quite a problem. As mentioned, during an incremental backup with rsync, backuppc receives the directory . (current dir) and counts that as a successful backup because it has received one "file".

Thanks,
Adam
--
Adam Goryachev