BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental backups, rsync and the exchange mailbox store

2013-04-23 16:24:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental backups, rsync and the exchange mailbox store
From: John Habermann <jhabermann AT cook.qld.gov DOT au>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 06:22:35 +1000
Hi Adam

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 01:18:07 +1000
Adam Goryachev <mailinglists AT websitemanagers.com DOT au> wrote:

> On 22/04/13 06:46, John Habermann wrote:
> > Hi
> > I have an exchange 2003 server which I have set up in backuppc using
> > Michael's backuppc rsync based client scripts
> > http://www.michaelstowe.com/backuppc/ and it appears to be working
> > fine with the exception that the mail store .edb and .stm files are
> > only being backed up when a Full Backup Job runs.
> >
> > I am assuming this is because the date modified file size of these
> > files is not changing as I have about 15 GB or so of space
> > available in in the priv1 mailbox store so its size is not
> > increasing with current day to day usage. I have checksum caching
> > enabled so was wondering if disabling that would result in changes
> > in these files getting detected.
> > Does anyone know if it is possible to get rsync to backup these sort
> > files in an incremental backup or do I need to set this server to
> > have a full backup run every time (or create a specific backuppc
> > client alias just for the exchange store that runs full backups
> > only)?
> Add --checksum to your RsyncArgs which tells rsync to compare using
> the checksum instead of modification time and file size.

I have --checksum-seed=32761 add to my list of rsync arguments:
Sending args: --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group
-D --links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive
--checksum-seed=32761 . . Checksum caching enabled (checksumSeed =
32761)

Do you need to set the --checksum option as well as --checksum-seed ?

Thank you

--
John Habermann
IT Officer