BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3.3.0 released

2013-04-14 22:41:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3.3.0 released
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 12:38:30 +1000
On 15/04/13 11:05, Craig Barratt wrote:
> I just released BackupPC 3.3.0 on SF.net.  It is mostly minor bug
> fixes, with three additional languages and a couple of small features.

Any chance of a fix for the incremental backup issue I had? (or ping
Holger)?

On the 2nd April Holger suggested it needed a "proper" fix with a
temporary work-around, but I haven't actually implemented that yet.

I wanted to sit down and make sure I understood the repercussions from
his patch before I applied it, and haven't had time, and priority is low
since it hasn't happened again yet.

Using rsync for backup, I'm getting incremental backups with no content
(except .) which are marked as successful (since one directory was
backed up), and all old files/directories are removed. The next backup
(incr or full) tries to download ALL files again.

Also, do you have any comment/statement on the current and future
direction of backuppc? Would you consider adding commit permissions for
other contributors, allowing others to make releases, will you likely
have more time to work on backuppc or is the current state of affairs
likely to continue, etc....

I'm not in any way trying to suggest the job you have done to date is
anything short of fantastic, we (me at least) really appreciate all the
work you have done and are doing (even the work we can't see and know
nothing about) :) It has resulted in a really useful, and very important
application. However, perhaps it is time to create a small co-ordinated
team to help you get things done, or even just maintain the old version
of backuppc, etc...

Thanks,
Adam

--